I love that this is the label I have.
Don't get me wrong, I haven't forgotten my struggle with infertility. And, that struggle isn't over. In fact, Erik and I have to decide very soon to either pay for another year of embryo storage (will be a couple thousand dollars) or reignite our adoption process and place the money in that area.
But, that is all part of life, right? Rarely does the struggle or difficulty completely disappear without consequences, positive or negative, that affect our lives.
That aside, I really enjoy being a mom. Right now I have the opportunity to focus on being a mom to two great boys. I am not juggling a job and a toddler or a pregnancy and a toddler. I am juggling two boys and I am enjoying the difficulties and rewards that that work brings. Don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed being a mom from day one. I have grown so much with each phase of motherhood whether it was being the mother of one while working outside the home, being mother of one while working at home, or being a mother of two.
When I saw how Erik labeled my Sonic drink this weekend, I really gave pause to how much I have been blessed over the past several years. They have been stinkingly hard, very painful, and often disappointing years, but I wouldn't trade where I am now to be anywhere else. In a sense, I almost feel gleeful about all that I have.
MY cup says "Mom."
