I've been spending an enormous amount of time on my church calling. It is going to continue to ramp-up until mid-March. And, I can see I am gaining some personal benefits from it. So, that is good.
Merritt had an awful day in church on Sunday. Well, that is not quite true. He did great in Sacrament. The idea that he needs to sit for *two* more hours smack in the middle of lunch and nap time is a horrific nightmare for his parents. We swapped places with each other to share the load, trying to help him maintain some decorum in Primary without irritating everyone else and overwhelming him. I'm not liking things right now. It would be WAY easier to stay home and sing Primary songs. In fact, I was so bothered by it, I woke up early on Monday just at a loss as to what we are going to do, especially when Erik flies to the other side of the world for weeks on end. Sundays should not be about reverence warfare with a 3 year old when the expectations aren't age appropriate. You can tell I'm still bothered.
Erik is working like a madman doing his best to balance his calling, work, and us. He sure does his best to be a great husband and father. The boys hang on his every word.
Evy started back at his museum preschool. I love hearing about all the things that he learns about. Today, it was about the solar system. LOVE IT!
Merritt did not cry for the FIRST time this morning when I was dropping him off at school. Evy even remarked about how he didn't look upset. And, he is doing a splendid job of being a big boy in the bathroom.
Other than that, there is the usual tedium of life (flat tires, bills, etc). But, we are trying to enjoy it as much as possible. I did buy some music support books from the church website and LOVE them. We are also using some new resources in reading the scriptures to the boys. I don't know if they are getting more out of it, but the new stuff holds my attention longer.
One of the things I am starting to use on a daily basis---nothing Earth shattering in the book. But, it has great and simple ideas that I don't have to think of to teach my boys the songs.
A Children's Songbook Companion
This weekend: CREPES!!!

