
Both kids are sick and I have a headache. Evy talks about headaches a lot these days . . . I don't know if it is because he has headaches or the fact that both his dad and I have been carrying around the affliction quite a bit. So far, Evy has decided that vitamins help with headaches.
Merritt, clothed in pajamas, turtleneck, sweatpants, and socks, is in that awful transition from two naps a day to one nap a day. I seem to never judge what kind of day he is having correctly and invariably have to listen to heartstoppingkillercrying interspersed with babble as he figures out what he needs as well. I am always so glad when the transition is over. More time to play and go on field trips.
Everett, clad in rainbow striped rainboots, Lightning McQueen flannel pajamas, flannel shirt, and a runny nose is convinced that he just needs to carry around a roll of toilet paper to catch the nasal drips and use like 20 squares of the tissue for each nostril wipe. He has lost all sense of independent play. Is convinced that watching shows is the only way to help his malady. Even cars and books are just not of interest right now.
I'm in fleece pajamas, cosy long socks, and a flannel shirt. I suppose I should shower but I don't want to change anything because I am finally warm. But, I am thinking I should get me a pair of rainboots, too.
The next decision . . . do I succumb and go with Chicken Little or Hercules or drag a whining preschooler through some activities?