Keeping Everett up until midnight proved harder than I thought. He watched movies and played with us . . . but we eventually resorted to chocolate to keep him up and interested. And, of course we all shared on the goods.
Everett did a marvelous job putting up with the irritations of the EEG! He laid so still while the wires and sticky stuff were placed on his head. He weathered the itchiness of the hospital bed very well and was asleep within ten minutes. Since then, he has been really tired and a tad cranky. But, we don't blame him.
On Tuesday, when we loaded into the car for our long ride to the doctor, I gave him a "magic bag." In the bag was the Chosen Blanket, pjs if he wanted to change for his "nap at the doctor's," magic gloves that he could put on his hands if the wires were bothering him and he wanted to scratch, and 2 surprises.
The first surprise was gum--which he loves for the whole 30 seconds he chews each new piece. The second surprise was a bag of yogurt balls, which I thought he liked. Which he didn't think was the second surprise as he looked at the bag, tossed it aside, and kept digging for the other surprise. "No, this is not the surprise, Mommy."
In an attempt to keep positive vibes going, Erik and I scrounged through the nooks and crannies of the front of the car and I slipped two quarters into his bag.
"MONEY!!!" he screamed when he found the quarters. And, since then, those quarters have been a precious commodity. He pocketed them confidently to take with him into the doctor. He made sure they were in a safe place while he slept . . . and now he plans to spend them.
"I have money. I buy a house?" he asks because he knows that Daddy goes to work so we can have money to pay for our house.
So, anyone know of a house for 50 cents? Evy is interested.
Next stop, MRI with sedation.