Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Olympic Dreams

Today, we started our Olympic fun.  We made torches out of paper, markers, and stickers (and have flashlights for night Olympic fun to put inside them) and had a torch relay down the street with Mom singing this in the background as the kids lighted each torch making their way to the house, "Olympic Stadium."  (Thank goodness that they aren't so old to be embarrassed by this kind of fun.)

We had a couple of running games in the backyard . . . and then came in to eat "Olympic Pizzas"  .  .  .  I think that all of our other Olympic games that aren't televised will have to be in the swimming pool.  It is hot outside.
The kids love watching videos from previous Olympics, of course!  I think I am projecting bias when I say that they like the swimming races the best.
The kids were all "awarded" medals for their participation in our Day 1 Olympic Games.