Monday, June 04, 2012

Chills and Thrills

Baseball, swimming, baseball, swimming, baseball!  That is was our week was last week.  Evy's last game and plenty of time spent watching the Rough Riders.

A Food Fight.  Awesome!  My first ever.  The boys keep asking to do it again.

Our computer is in the hospital.  No pictures until we get her back.  I miss her.  Because of the computer/tv setup, I can do my work while my kids watch their show.   Bam!  I am with my kids, talking about their stuff, while I pay my bills.  I miss being able to do that and it has only been 3 days.  Poor me.

This week is busy with swimming and experimenting with recipes.  I'll post more on that later.  I've been very busy.

The boys are doing so well with me during school time.  We are having an amazing time.  Everett loves learning to read.  Merritt works so hard to complete the projects that we tackle.  He has matured so much in the past couple of months.

While tucking Evy into bed this evening, I asked Evy--

Me:  Did you have fun this evening?
Evy:  Yes.
Me:  What did you like about it?
Evy:  I took my mitt to the game so that I could catch a ball and give it to a friend that doesn't have a ball.

(he didn't catch a ball; so, I waited for him to finish)

Evy:  I didn't catch a ball.  But, I have a dollar.  Do any of my friends need a dollar?  Can a dollar help a friend?

He just amazes me.   He is so gentle with his brother, most of the time.  He always tries to help when Merritt has difficulty.  "Don't worry Merritt.  When I was three, I had a hard time catching the ball, too.  Just wait until you are five.  It will be so easy!"