Or Go Big In Your Home . . . like my leak is . . .
Cost to repair: Upwards of $9,000 . . . I could buy a car with that.
Well, all day I've been thinking about what I could do with $9,000 . . . instead, we may end up digging a tunnel to the leak UNDER the house and having it fixed from there.
Do I feel stupid even considering digging a tunnel? (of course *I* wouldn't be the one to dig)
Of course.
Do I feel like there might be a better way?
Of course.
Is there?
Probably not.
This is so much harder because we are depending on plumbers who put on headphones to hear the leak . . . you CAN'T see the leak. CAN'T (just wanted to unnecessarily emphasize that last point)
Do I have $9,000 just sitting around for this?
No, um, who does? Who thinks, I'll just put a round $10,000 in a bank account just in case I have a hot water slab leak. Uh, no one.
We'll see what happens with the insurance. I am praying that the plumber we have currently on the job is honest. 'Cause a couple others I talked to were not.
The upside is that the plumber gave Merritt and Evy "plumber" tattoos before he left this morning. pretty awesome . . . better than plumber's crack.