Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chills and Thrills


The week was pretty full . . . it iced again on Wednesday.  And, I swear, (I know, Mom, I shouldn't say that) . . . that Old Man Winter takes a personal interest to make sure I get lots of ice compared to my neighbors.  I totally have the pictures to prove it, but they are downstairs on the camera, and I am too lazy/tired to show them right now.  Wednesday, I have ice.  Thursday, still ice. Friday, a little less ice.  Sunday, STILL ice.  My neighbors . . .well, their ice was gone by Thursday.

Everett made his valentine list and we sent out pictures and letters (like alphabet letters) that he worked hard to create.  My favorite was when he decided that someone needed a treasure map on the valentine.  Other pictures that he created: flowers, 'h' for HI, germs (I totally didn't get that one), sharks, and circle-y drawings. 

We made lots of food, again.  This time, I have perfected the pumpkin bread recipe.  Just simply amazing.

Some things I reminded myself about when the occasion arises when there is one less parent in the house (if that made sense, then, you are amazing):  you can sleep in the middle of the bed, doing midweek laundry means less laundry, you can watch any show you want after the kids go to bed, no ones cares if the socks are in the middle of the room for several days because you are procrastinating folding them (besides, Merritt is having a great time wearing different ones on his arms and legs), you only have to dig one car out of the snow/ice, and ALL the BBC I can stand.

Hands down, the highlight of the week was visiting my sister in Waco this weekend.  It could be made into one of those cool adventure movies.  For the promo:  The announcer with the cool voice would do the voice over in phrases as images from the "film" rolled through while playing the dulcet tune (you know, something that would really tell the depth of our plight):




Two Sisters
Mandy and Sheila
They are Moms.
Five Kids
One weekend
Preston, Riley, Everett, Merritt, and Baby Lily.
s.u.r.v.i.v.a.l.

Cookies
Nutella
The Illusionist
Apples
negotiating disagreements
Happy Meals
Rock Climbing Walls
crying
falling asleep in the car
Survival

Mud
Cheese
Soccer
Museum
RUNNING
carrying cats
carrying cats while running
CHASE
distractions
parks
"I need to pee."
survivaL

Baby smiles
Laughing
Hot dogs
Chats
Tickles
chocolate covered strawberries
purple pony
Diapers
SURVIVAL

Time-outs
I Spy
grabby hands
Disagreements
Minivan
"I wanna show!"
Mexican food
Chats
"put your shoes on"
SUCCESS

It was AWESOME!
My sister is the hostess with the mostess!
We have the nicest, best behaved kids.