
This past week we installed our NEW dishwasher. Only to find that it was installed incorrectly by the technician. But, we are closer to having the "washing the dishes" burden removed. And, I appreciate Erik jumping in and cleaning the dishes during this time. I am just not as fast on my feet right now and he helps when he can.
The week was busy but full of good clean fun. Each of us are on the mend in our own way. I think that Everett is the only one who is malady free (and he is the one with the seizure disorder). We ended the week with a trip to the beach pool with friends. So fun to carve out pleasure time even when we think we are too busy.
My foot is looking good. I'm to wear my orthodics (pretty little things I picked up today) or The Shoe until I can wear the orthodics full-time. I figure I am 3 weeks away from hitting the marathon training again and being "The Shoe"-free. And, I am woefully behind on my marathon training viewing, Extreme Observation. sigh. Maybe I can pack for Girls' Camp and watch something at the same time?
Merritt had his 18 month checkup. Boy is hitting the upper 90th percentile for height and is below 50th percentile for weight though he eats pretty well. He is burning energy all the time. Today during a stressful moment for Evy, he picked up Evy's discarded shirt and started to put it on over his own shirt . . . which created a laugh break for the crying Evy. Merritt then pulled the shirt to the "hood" position and walked around modeling the poloshirt headdress. So little and so smart.
Evy is busy being the problem solver. If we say that he cannot do something, he proceeds to problemsolve the situation. "But, you can just have Mom watch Merritt while we buy it at the store," was one of his solutions. He is still a lover--while eating dinner, he took his cookie, broke it in half--setting aside one half, then broke part of the cookie from the set aside half into a smaller piece to feed to Merritt. He then fed that cookie half to Merritt piece by piece until it was all consumed.
We are still busy meeting with people about jobs, resumes, and how to network. We are ever so grateful that Erik has a job!