


On the way to sign the contract on the house, I was pulled over and given a written warning. Evidently, I was speeding. Oh, and I haven't switched to Texas plates, and I still carry my Virginia license. So sue me, I'm waiting until I have my permanent address. No, the kids weren't crying and distracting me. I was distracted with my own thoughts of, "Is the kitchen big enough . . . I think the yard will work . . . do I want to pay HOA dues AGAIN . . . ."
Multiple tantrums and hysterical crying at Target. No, it wasn't me this time. But it did remind me of our first week here when I spent my 30 minutes of "alone" time (Merritt was with me asleep in the basket) on the phone figuring out that it *was* the clutch that needed to be replaced in our car.
No ticket going home, thankfully.
Maintenance Guru, John, came by to check on the closet. We discover ANOTHER water issue. Big clue was the huge puddle of water that mysteriously appeared on the outside of said closet in the main hallway with the closet's carpet soaked AGAIN on the other side of the wall. The AC units in our building drain through an area in the same closet, and the drain was clogged. Water and smelly issues again.
On the phone for HOURS getting home inspection set up, getting cable, signing up for electricity, and trying to cancel Vonage. I detest these kinds of "errands" to do.
Evy was crankerpants. Has taken on a very contagious condition called, Toddler Bossitis. *I* am sure I am never that bossy.
Mercifully, I made it to the evening. We went out to eat to celebrate the house and my survival of the day. Merritt violently threw up on me in the restaurant. Three towels and 20 minutes later, I leave fully soaked from shirt to jeans. Remind me to make sure to dry my jeans this morning.
Finally got the boys to bed. I catch my favorite show Chopped. It reminds me of my struggle every afternoon to figure out how to use only what is in my pantry to make dinner. Sometimes the meal is great, sometimes it isn't, and sometimes we wisely go to get a chickenwrap from Sonic.
Only had to walk Everett back to his room until 10:30.
Mercifully, Merritt didn't wake up until 5:30--or was it 5:00?