. . . is about how Erik felt upon getting an agreement with the buyers of the house that was first on our list this weekend. Negotiations are over.
I can't say that I blame him. After all of this, we will most likely have an executed/ratified contract by Wednesday morning. (Things just do move slower here; much to our irritation. What can I say? We are still on east coast timelines and time expectations.)
But, holy alleluia, we don't have to spend 100% of our time driving through neighborhoods, scouring the internet, analyzing satellite images, and frantically juggling two babies while looking in houses. YIIPPEEE! I feel a bit freer, because as Erik is feeling, nothing is done until all is signed . . . and I mean all signed in several weeks at closing.
Now, I need to go set up utilities for our next apartment, which we'll be in at least a month. I did suggest to Erik skipping those amenities because I have to go through it all again for our house (I hate repetition). He wisely vetoed my idea.