So, I am tired. Morning sickness resurfaced last week with a vengeance. Movement makes it worse, especially riding in a car. I barely have a sense of humor in that I don't get jokes these days. It isn't like I am overly cranky; I just don't get the punch line. Erik has been super nice to tell me that they really didn't make sense anyway.
Getting to the sonogram. The heartbeat and the baby's development are fine--right on target. However, the gestational sac is small. The doctor was bothered enough to mention it, but then he said that it doesn't really indicate anything right now. That isn't surprising. Seems like most reproductive issues need two data points to compare in order to decide anything.
Besides, early pregnancy can be pretty fickle. We've come this far--I could start worrying about this now, but that won't help anything.
In all, the doctor graduated me from his care. The graduation, the separation from the reproductive endocrinologist--your nurse--the financial coordinator--the receptionist is almost bittersweet. You have been with these people during one of the most stressful situations of your life. They know your innermost frustrations and reproductive issues. They don't blink and you don't blush when the word "sex" enters the conversation. You get calls from them and see them sometimes every 2 or 3 days. They are witness to your hormonal, crying rants and frustrations. Their phone numbers are more familiar to you than your family members' phone numbers.
So, when he said goodbye, I almost burst into tears. And, yes, the hormones have much to do with that. But, I will miss those good people all the same.
Now, I am off to the land of OBs!
Thus ends this sharing of the Fertility Quest.