Friday, April 11, 2008

Beautiful Day


Today and yesterday were beautiful in Virginia. We've kept the windows open and have enjoyed hearing all the sounds from the outside--the lawn mowers, kids playing, and, oddly enough, big trucks driving through our cluster. The bees are out; our dogwood tree is blooming; and it is in the 70s today. We are both in short sleeved shirts. I know that in some parts of the US you guys think it is already summer. But, we are just hitting springtime here.

This morning we went to Frying Pan Park. I really enjoy taking Everett places like this since he is now able to walk. He enjoyed seeing the animals, especially the ugly turkeys, but spent the most time just sitting in dirt and playing with rocks.

I love this little boy. I love it when his clothes are covered in mud, food, and who knows what else. I love having to wipe his face and clean his nails after playing. Most especially, I loved how he looked as we drove home from the park--ruddy red cheeks, smear of dirt across the chin, and a serenely calm face as he fell asleep tired out from all the excitement.