Text From Sheila to Erik:
If the kids and I make it through today alive, I should be immediately sainted, transformed into an angel, and given the power of levitation. When you get home, don't forget to look up to find me.
Sheila had been up for more than 36 hours thanks to the alarm system. Merritt was understandably shaken up by the midnight electric screaming due to power surges and unable to calm down for the next 12 hours. From midnight and through the morning, it consisted of him running around overstimulated, unhappy, and unable to sit even to watch George, and he loves George. Nothing could make him laugh or happy.
Just as he fought being strapped into his eating chair at lunchtime, his head started to drop and he fell asleep, even without a full belly.
Thankfully, he napped.
The discontent flowed through the rest of the day. He fought dinnertime and even though we offered the range of options from food with substance to chocolate, marshmallows, etc, he wouldn't have it. Just screamed and screamed.
Then, Sheila turned on Vanilla Ice: Ice Ice Baby and he danced and laughed. Calmed enough to go take a bath. His laugh was something that everyone in the house needed to hear. It is amazing how even small moments of levity can sooth jarred mental levels.
Thank you, Vanilla Ice.
Erik, the Superhero Dad, took care of dinner and brought Sheila's favorite drink. He is now working, again. That man is never still. I believe he introduced the alarm system to the crowbar; thus becoming the true hero of the day.
I really think I should be given the power of levitation, though. I mean, really, it would be handy.
