Everett is in full charge of his wardrobe. He does get help on Sundays reaching the clothes that are on hangers, but it is his job to pick out the cool threads for the day.
I get a kick watching him run through the house during the day. Several months ago, before he would get dressed in his room and then come to show off his outfit, he would grab his clothes, BOUND through the house and throw the clothes into the room we were in with such a level of exuberance that you couldn't but stop and admire the shirt/pants combo.
Now, he BOUNDS though the house, sometimes throwing a trot step in there with it, and LEAPS into the room . . . sometimes saying "surprise/ta-da/SEE!"
Often, the shirt or shorts are on backwards, by design. Sometimes, if his heart wasn't really in the activity of changing, he'll just put the "day clothes" or "night time clothes" right over the ones he was wearing.
My favorite days are when he has specific footwear that needs to go with the outfit. I think it is because I love that he often chooses rubberboots. I love rubberboots. I love it when Evy wears rubberboots.
I want to always remember the carefree Everett BOUNDING through the house, eager to start the day, and always happy to see us.