Sunday, August 29, 2010
Chills and Thrills
"Amazing" is really how much you can get done in a week when you are nose to the grindstone.
Merritt is doing really well in his big boy bed. He was under the weather for a couple of days and so we had some great adventures with poop. On the flipside, he is able to hear and follow many one step directions. He isn't much in the talking department, but today Sheila was able to help him say,"Ahhh, Dude," with some clarity. (Why I didn't try something more helpful like "help" or "most awesome parent, may I"--I don't know.)
Everett is just making connections like you wouldn't believe. He asked many questions related to how the brain works this week. . . why do people forget? Did you forget? Don't forget . . . . . How is he learning? Did I learn that good? Erik discovered this weekend that Evy is a switch hitter. Evidently, that isn't common. We'll see if any one side does start to dominate as he gets older. (he is right handed when drawing and writing) And, yeah, this three year old has been making consistent contact with the ball and bat for over a year now. It is amazing to watch.
Erik and Sheila are networking hard trying to finish out a two night career event. Right now, we are running into obstacles in getting a professional athlete and a professional musician scheduled. We've talked to really nice people who are just not available. Friends who work for professional football/baseball teams are, uh, busy with the approaching or ending season (go figure!). And musicians are either rehearsing/performing/or teaching.
The weather . . . gorgeous. Like we actually went to several parks during the week and stayed over an hour at each one! (I'm sure you northern living people may not appreciate the miracle that is.) And, my bell pepper plants are growing back.
