Saturday, August 07, 2010

"Honk if you hate noise pollution"--bumper sticker

All is quiet right now.  Merritt is snoozing away . . . Evy is done charming more bedtime stories out of Dad and Dad is laying next to Evy as he falls asleep.  The house is quiet. 

Well, the AC is on and you can hear the clank and whir of several of the fans and the hum of the dishwasher, but the movement of bodies is silent, at rest.

I've got a huge To Do List pressing on me right now.  I think I have overcommitted with all the work I'm supposed to do.  I should be at least getting pictures from the last week on here.  But, I don't wanna.

Thursday night was the first night in awhile where we had nothing scheduled, no where to be but home.  We should have finished some project or completed some volunteer work, but we didn't.  And, it was great.

There is value in rest.  Value in the quiet.  And, I think that Erik just fell asleep beside Evy's bed.