Our first goal is for Everett to write his name with ease. Last week, he took a huge step in that direction and today he mastered "Evy." We have quite a bit of fun together in school (while Merritt is sleeping). We work on number sense, phonemic awareness, science experiments, and writing skills. He just amazes me with the connections that he makes . . . and he is just a hard worker, always eager for the next thing that we are doing, asking if we can have 'school' after quiet time, and taking pride in the work that he does.
I'm trying to soak in every moment we have.
Currently, we have 'school time' with Merritt before lunch (circle time, reading, an art project, and music time) and then when Merritt goes down for a nap, Evy and I hit the markers and crayons once more to work on readiness skills. I'm still working on the structure of it, but the boys are having fun and that is really what matters.