Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Video EEG


I do this everytime.  I get nervous each time we have to do something new.  I've done the EEGs, MRIs, CAT scans, monthly blood draws, nebulizer treatments . . . and now the Video EEG.  I am grateful that my boys are as healthy as they are.

I still get nervous.

Next week is Evy's Video EEG.  He'll be fine--I tell myself.  It will probably be boring--I tell myself.  Hopefully, they'll find NO seizure activity--I tell myself. 

He'll HATE being hooked up to wires for 48 hours, stuck in a room, no roaming.

One of us will be with him at all times.  (The hospital is an hour away.)  I'm starting the packing list to make sure we bring as many activities as I can imagine.  Wardrobe issue . . . only button-up shirts.  I've got to dig into the summer clothes for button-up collared shirts.

I started talking about it to him today.  Understandably, he is less than thrilled with the idea.  I haven't told him that they will draw blood or that he'll have an IV.  I'll have to come up with some "magical" items to help him when things itch, pinch, or bother him.

Would love ideas.