Saturday, December 04, 2010

Stuff We Said or Heard Today

We were out and about and came across a couple that seemed to be in their 80s.  They were together but I didn't get the impression that they were married.  She, we'll call her Miss Red, was redheaded and wearing a red "Merry Christmas" sweatshirt.  He looked like Santa Claus, for real, was wearing a lounger suit that had the appropriate detailing to make it look like a Santa Suit (sort of like a santa suit for jogging), and was carrying a Santa hat full of candycanes. 

Along behind us came two ladies, who were elderly.  Evidently, they were friends with Miss Red--

Miss Red:  Hi (giggling) I'm here with Santa Claus. (motions towards the Elderly Santa Dude)
Lady #1:  (looks over at Elderly Santa Dude and kind of snickers)
Lady #2:  Well, you'll really go out with anyone won't you.

-------------------------------------------------------------
So, Everett believes in Santa.  Erik and I have not taught him about Santa.  Somehow, in the realm of our living, he picked it up and is extremely excited about Santa visiting us and bringing Everett his presents.  According to Everett, Santa lives "way up in the sky and he is giving away presents to others right now but he'll come to our house and give me my present on Christmas."

Everett saw Elderly Santa Dude in the Santa lounger suit, was VERY excited, and told us that that man *was* Santa.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Later, Elderly Santa Dude came by our table to say hi to the kids.  He very sweetly asked if it was okay for them to have candy, and, with our permission, gave each of them a candy cane.

After Everett tried his candycane, I asked him if he liked it.

Everett:  Yes.
Mom:  What does it taste like?
Everett:  Chicken.
Mom:  Chicken? (and, yes, I was laughing)
Everett:  Well, candychicken.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Everett at dinner:

I *SURE* got an app-E-tite.  It is right here.  (he opens his mouth really wide)

-------------------------------------------------------------
And, as I type this up, at 8:50, he is having an AVID conversation with himself.  And, yes, he is sleeping in a two-man tent in his room.

-------------------------------------------------------------
As we were leaving our awesome Asian Market this evening, we passed by some of those "anti-car" concrete barriers in the shape of huge balls.  (you know the kind, like in front of Target)  He took a look at them and said:

Those really knock my socks off!

Who knew?
-------------------------------------------------------------
And, Everett said, "Duh" all throughout the day.  Probably picked that one up where he picked up his belief about Santa.

He doesn't know what the word means, really.  Today he told Erik that he says that when he is excited.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Everett is extremely sweet when someone is upset or hurt or sick.  He is extremely perceptive to my moods and is quick to ask if I am okay.

Most recently he has been saying"
You sure are sweet.
You are so helpful.
Thanks for helping me.
You know, Merritt is an active guy who is sure learning (weerning) a lot.
I like it when you play with me.
-------------------------------------------------------------
And, he doesn't really walk through the house.  He has this happy trot that takes him along his merry way.