It is 9:30 pm and Erik is cleaning up the kitchen. I am out of commission, unexpectedly--hopefully for a short time. And, though he did a lion's share of the work this evening, like almost everything from 4:00 on, he still listens to me complain. And, reminds me to take my medicine.
There was a point during today where I was truly in a panic. I mean, I didn't go yelling crazy and waving my arms around, but I was going to have to make a really hard decision and accomplish something humanly impossible, logistically, and couldn't get Erik on the phone.
I, Panic Sheila, drove to his work and was able to find him with the help of the security staff there (you just don't walk into his building and jaunt through the offices). As I waited in the lobby for someone to find him, I started to calm down because I knew that at some point they would find him and he would help me.
And, he did.
Thanks, Erik, for helping me, um, again.
You are a sanity and lifesaver. And, thanks for wiping down Merritt's spaghetti covered chair.
True love.
