Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Holy Ants, Batman!


We've been battling ants in the house for several weeks now. Mostly, it has to do with how much rain we have gotten over the past two months. My bug guy says there isn't much we can do until it dries out. I swear that our house is placed on a huge ant colony. If we kill the ants, the house might sink into the ground.

There are anthills ALL over the place this morning. (not in my yard, yet) And, they are humongous. I tried to get a couple of pictures because I have never seen anything quite like this here.

There are at least 20 -30 antmounds being built on each median around town. These are pictures from a field. Not sure you can see more than just the big ones but there are dozens hiding in the grass.


Also, this random dandelion was pulled Sunday afternoon. And, it is still developing. Tons of moisture in the air.