Saturday, August 15, 2009

Chills and Thrills


I think I have about three minutes for blogging today. I just don't get on the computer much these days. Something about unpacking and still trying to have some semblance of fun for the kids and Erik. ("No, Mom, no cleaning. Play wiff me!") I think I have sent about 5 emails since we moved into the house. If you've been a recipient of one of those, consider yourself a Chosen One.

Erik had a pretty brutal week at work. Lots and lots of work. He has also been the superhero in trying to help continue to get things organized in the house.

I've been loving having a home with my stuff and my kids. I love having a real bed and couches and plates and all that other junk I love to keep. I love that our artwork is on the walls. I was amazed at how much more peaceful I felt when my favorites were placed. We are able to eat more at home with pleasure. Also, I am convinced we either have a ghost or a raccoon that lives in our attic. Where is my mullet laden pest guy, Billy, when I need him?

Evy is running about a million miles an hour. He LOVES running through the house and outside. At about 7:00 you can always find him running circles in the house. It is like his prebedtime "get the energy out" . . . and he loves the fact that Merritt now chases him. Of course, Evy laps Merritt, but Merritt at various spots will turn around and catch Evy headon which is funny for everyone. He is talking all the time in full sentences, compound sentences, and makes connections that I never made . . . "No, not a Starburst. A triangleburst . . . a squareburst." One quirk he has is he does not say "with" or "for" . . . he goes the foreign language route and says, "cookie ame" or "water ayou" or "Merritt ame" -- using the "a" instead of the regular pronoun. Come to think of it, he has always done this.

Merritt is into EVERYTHING. Nothing slows him down. Stairs, trashcans, grass, hardfloors, obstacles on the floor, cabinets, nothing. He is climbing and thinks that he is a seal with the way he flails around in the bathtub. He loves the water. He is a "mamamama" and "bababa" talker. Our favorite is when he gives us open mouth kisses on our jaws or chin. So cute! Every single time we meet someone in public, we get the comment,"What beautiful eyes!"

We are living a regular life in suburbia. We are grateful.